Reporter, WCHS/WVAH-TV, Dunbar, WV • 03/13 – Present
- Conduct research, interview sources, write, shoot b-roll, edit packages for multiple platforms, read current events and engage in social networking.
Reporter/ Anchor/ Producer, KOTA-TV, Rapid City, SD • 09/10 – 02/13
- Stacked rundowns, wrote and edited national and international stories, ordered graphics and proofread scripts to minimize technical errors for the noon, 5:30 P.M. and 10:00 P.M. newscasts.
- Conducted research, interviewed sources, wrote, shot b-roll, edited packages for multiple platforms and social networked.
- Co-anchored the weekend 10 P.M. newscasts, fill-in anchored for KDUH-TV, the sister station in Scottsbluff, Nebraska.
Intern, NBC NIGHTLY NEWS, Washington, D.C. • 07/08 – 08/08
- Assisted Investigative Correspondent Lisa Myers with an in-studio interview, logging and selecting sound bites as well as transcribing Senate and Congressional hearings.
- Conducted in-depth research for the “Liar Loan” investigation, which exposed Countrywide Financial Corporation and multiple U.S. Senators for their involvement in shady lending practices.
Producer Intern, WSTM-TV/NBC 3, Syracuse, NY • 01/08 – 04/08
- Line-produced the C-block of the evening newscast by providing time cues to the weathercaster to ensure adequate show pacing while concurrently communicating with the technical director.
- Stacked rundowns, wrote and edited national and international stories, ordered graphics and proofread scripts to minimize technical errors for a smooth running newscast.
Reporter/ Producer, WSYR-TV/DIGITAL 890, Syracuse, NY • 09/07 – 05/08
- Co-produced multiple 30-minute magazine shows including an award-nominated sports show on Ernie Davis.
- Interviewed sources, wrote and edited multiple long-format packages for a weekly public affairs program that reflected the concerns and views of Syracuse residents.
Reporter Intern, WBNG-TV/CBS 12, Binghamton, NY • 09/07 – 12/07
- Acquired unique storytelling techniques through writing national and international headlines, teases and voice-overs.
- Conducted interviews with sources, shot b-roll and proofread rundowns to minimize grammatical and technical errors.
Sales Assistant - FOX STATIONS SALES, Atlanta, GA • 08/06 – 06/07
Promotions/Production Intern - CW ATLANTA, Atlanta, GA • 09/05 – 11/05
Emma Bowen Scholar - WCBS-TV, New York, NY • 05/02 – 08/05
Blogger, TAISHALWALKER.COM, Rapid City, SD • 05/10 – present
- Enterprise story ideas, interview sources, research, write and edit stories that reflect the views of people nationally and globally.
Master of Science in Broadcast Journalism – S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse, NY (2008)
Highlight: Co-produced an award nominated show, Magna Cum Laude
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Media Arts/Television Production – Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, GA (2006)
Highlight: Voted Best Producer, Magna Cum Laude
Equipment- Field/studio cameras, DVC Pro, Beta, Mini DV, linear and non-linear editing
Software- ENPS, iNews, AP Newscenter, Pathfire, Final Cut Pro, Avid and Adobe Premiere
National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC)
National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ)
The Emma L. Bowen Foundation